Harelipfrog

Monday, January 16, 2006

Self publishing

I have been asked by my DH to do a post about Lulu. Lulu? Lulu.

Lulu.com is a self publish website. You can upload and have printed as many or as few copies as you want (they are an on-demand publisher). We were introduced to their service as a result of a contest for unpublished authors. Gunner has been working on a series of short stories for some time, and we had been thinking about having it published when we became aware of the contest. We entered his book, but unfortunately he did not win. Drat.

Anyway, the instructions are easy to follow. I would recommend printing them out and reading them ahead of time. You will likely need to make some adjustments to the margins of your document, but that is about all. The service is easy to use, and easy to order from.

I highly recommend it.

And if you want to order a copy of Gunner's book, here is a link.

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

  • I like lulu. I have used the service myself.

    By Blogger Marsha Loftis, at 6:56 AM  

  • I think you can do the same thing you are talking about on Cafe Press. I'll admit, however, that I have this ADD thing and could have glazed over some of the details... Go to http://www.cafepress.com.

    See you later, chickie. Look forward to having your company in February.

    By Blogger View From The Lake, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home