Harelipfrog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Salutations

I am not going to bother with the apologies for my prolonged absence. I have just been busy, life is like that sometimes.

Anyway, I thought I would bring you up to date on stuff.

Canning ...

So far we have canned ...

Apples - Apple butter and apple jelly
Blackberries - Jam
Blueberries - Jam (tripleberry jam)
Cucumbers - pickles, lots and lots of pickles
Eggs - yeah I know it sounds weird, but Gunner likes 'em and they are really quite good in salads
Grapes - Jelly
Habanjeros - relished
Lemon - jelly - never set up and we wound up tossing it
Lime - Jelly
Onions - onion relish (surprisingly good - very mild)
Orange - jelly - never set up and we wound up tossing it
Peaches - Jam, Jelly, preserves
Pears - in syrup - we have more pears ripening
Strawberries - Jam
tomatoes - salsa

As I can, I will post or link to the recipes we used.

I am working on going back to school. I am in the process of submitting my application and getting my transcripts in. I still have to take the compass tests (since it has been so long). I can take a free class a semester(as a state employee), so I am going to take a class this spring, another this summer, and then go full time next fall (2006). Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

I am also looking at getting another job (still with the state) as a secretary. Passed all my tests the first time and I am already getting letters for interviews. More money, woo hoo!

My computer is constructed, though I am having a problem with it. I believe that the issue is a corrupted windows disk. I am working on getting that replaced. I am having a bit of a problem since the individual I purchased the OEM software from is not responding to my e-mails, and it looks like I am going to have to sick eBay on him. Joy...

Brace yourself for another change in background. It may be a couple of weeks, but it's coming. I'm getting tired of this one.

Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home