Harelipfrog

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Galloping Crud

I have, as it is commonly referred to in my family, the Galloping Crud.

I am sure that this sounds fascinating and I am sure you want to hear all about it (Not!). But here you are, reading the words I tossed out into the ether.

The Galloping Crud, for the unenlightened, is the common cold or flu or whatever undiagnosed ailment you happen to have. It comes galloping in to make you feel cruddy.

I started off just feeling sort of yucky, then yuckier. Wednesday night I started running a fever (100.0) and a cough. I stayed home from work on Thursday as I figured a day of rest and I would probably be feeling well enough to go back to work. Wrong! Thursday afternoon I was feeling OK but really tired and took a nap. When I woke up I felt crappy and checked my temp 102.8. This is not good. I took two tylenol. An hour later my fever had not come down and I was having a hard time breathing.

I went to the emergency room.

I got a diagnosis of sinusitis, a prescription for antibiotics, a steroid shot to help me breath better, and another day off from work.

I am finally starting to feel better. I am definitely breathing better (always a plus). And will likely be back to work on Monday.

I just cringe at the thought of what will be waiting for me at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home