Harelipfrog

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Comics

There are a number of things I enjoy, and among them are a good book and humor. I am not overly particular about my books as long as the story is good and it is well written. I also enjoy humor, which is why I now have a new set of links to the left.

Comics

These are the online comics I read every day. Some of them for the good story, others for the humor, and others because sometimes I just don't know when to stop. If you wander over to take a look, I would recommend starting from the beginning. I believe that all of them have easy links to the beginnings of their stories.

Like everything else, I will update the list as I find ones I enjoy.

Bruno the Bandit - Updates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
A strange story, sometimes really good and sometimes not, but funny enough to keep me coming back.

Dominic Deegan - Now updating seven days a week
This is one of my favorites. I have a weak spot for fantasy storylines anyway, and this one is really good. My all-time favorite single strip is this one from almost the very beginning. The ladies in my family are all well endowed and this just tickled my fancy to no end.
The author of this particular strip has just recently taken the full-time comic plunge. I wish him all the best and hope it is successful. Particularly since I would start going into withdrawal if I had to go back to just Monday thru Friday.

General Protection Fault - Updates seven days a week
Another one of my favorites. The story of a guy and his friends who work at a software company called "General Protection Fault". The author of this particular strip just had to start back to work since the comic was not bringing in enough alone. In consideration of his many fans he has not dropped his update schedule, but they are now published in B&W during the week and color just on Sundays.
An excellent story line, well written, and always a good read. You will definitely need to go back to the beginning and start from there or you will not understand what it going on.

Kevin and Kell - Updates seven days a week
An excellent story about a "mixed family". A wolf and her son, and rabbit and his adopted hedgehog daughter, and their rabbit/wolf infant daughter (she looks like a rabbit, but is carnivorous).

Schlock Mercenary - Updates seven days a week
The main character in this story resembles an oversized pile of dung. He is a member of a mercenary company that for a time he was the majority stockholder. Its a good story, nice aliens, and an imaginative storyline.
If you go back to the beginning you will notice that the art has definitely improved with time.

Sluggy Freelance - Updates seven days a week, though you get frequent filler
It has been a good story, and while I am not overly fond of the current storyline it has been pretty good. Currently I would only give it a ho hum, but I've been sticking with it in the hopes that it will get better. I want more bun-bun!

Something Positive - Updates a lot (check the banner) usually in the afternoon
The subject matter tends to be adult, I would rate this at a PG-13 (Gunner said he would rate it as R). The humor is good, but the subject matter is frequently adult. It may be warped, but I love PeeJee and Aubrey's outlook on life.

Wapsi Square - Updates Monday thru Friday
I happened across this particular comic once, and after reading a couple of strips went back to the beginning. The main character is a busty curator for the museum and along with her dog and a small incan god lives a very exciting life. Humorous, friendly, and well written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home