Harelipfrog

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

New Link

I got the following story from "I work with fools."

Since I work with fools I love this site.

One of the first jobs I landed when I got out of high school involved me working for a forensic science laboratory. For the most part, it was interesting and the core group of folks were decent enough.

HOWEVER! There was this one DOLT who was in charge of the scientists, who was totally socially inept. You could stare him in the face and say,"Hello," and he'd just keep walking by. And other days, he'd talk your ear off about nonsensical shit like the merits of earwax. I always suspected he was bi-polar or had other personality disorders.

Anyhow, one day he came out and was feeling particularly "chatty." All the while he was chatting, he was "fiddling" around with this big powerhouse of a mechanical stapler we had for rather thick reports. Flip, flip, flip. On.Off. On. Off. Chatter chatter. Flip. Flip. On. Off. On. *THUD* Total. Eerie. Silence.

Turns out this brilliant IDIOT had. Stapled. His.Finger. Mind you, these were not mere staples which you could remove with a claw type staple remover. These staples were more like finishing nails. The only way to get it out (and yes, it did go thru the bone) would be to get out tin snips and snip off the bent parts of the "staple" and pull the straight nail like part that remained, out.

My lasting visual of that moment was him in his office, head between his legs. Body limp. Yes, he passed out cold. All the while another co-worker was diligently trying to yank out the "staple" with a claw-type staple remover.
I'm evil! Ha ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home