Harelipfrog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Scared

I typed that one word and about started crying.

I am having surgery in the morning to correct a herniated disk with a segment of material that has broken off and is pressing on the nerves. I have been having pain from this for some time and it has kept me from doing things that I would like to have done. The pain today has been almost unbearable and I tried taking more pills than I should have to try and bring it under control. No dice.

I am lying here on my stomach using Gunner's computer as it is currently about the most comfortable position I can be in right now.

I have done everything I can about this, the doc is first rate, the proposed operation is very conservative, and my family is going to be there for me.

But I have reached the point where the results will not depend on me, but on others and that just scares me to death.

I have 12 hours and 30 minutes before I have to be at the hospital.

Wish Me Luck.

6 Comments:

  • My dad had that very same surgery. It was a world of difference, his pain went away after that surgery. I pray it'll go as well for you.

    By Blogger Titusina Andronica, at 9:23 PM  

  • I'll pray it all goes for you, too! I hope that after tomorrow, you will be pain free!!

    By Blogger Malia, at 9:44 PM  

  • Me too.

    Its just going to be a whole lot easier contemplating it about 24 hours from now.

    I'm scared silly right now.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 11:03 PM  

  • I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and I'll say a prayer tonight that you will be peaceful about it all.

    Best wishes,
    Ginger

    By Blogger GingerSnaps, at 11:12 PM  

  • Thanks

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 6:37 AM  

  • I've been so behind on my reading that I'm just now seeing this. I hope the surgery went well... I'm thinking about you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Chicken soup? Laundry?

    By Blogger Kathy T., at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home