Harelipfrog

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Hello from Hawaii

Well, here I am at the Internet Cafe in Kaneohe. A nice town on the windward side of the island. If you are ever over here and going into internet withdrawal this is the place to be.

Anyway, the computer is acting up and I have not been able to get online so no pictures for the present. Will try again later.

First, my top 5 things you must do when you visit Oahu!

Hanauma Bay - Lovely place, a nature preserve where you can snorkel and fish watch. Absolutely beautiful, bring sunblock ... Lots of sunblock. I look like I was BBQed just about an hour short of done.

Aloha Bowl Flea Market - Bring money. You will spend a lot of money, but look like you spent even more. Great place to get souvenirs for your friends back home.

The North Shore - Go and watch the surfers. We were in luck as there is a competition going on right now. Additionally we have some excellent waves being produced by the trades. A must see!

The Dole pineapple Plantation - Two words - Dole Whip!

The Polynesian Cultural Center - I realize that this sounds like the standard tourist trap, but to get a real feel for the culture of the pacific islanders, this is the place to go.

I am having a truly great time. Just about finished Christmas shopping. You can rest assured that this years gift theme will be Polynesian.

I will be trying to post some pictures soon.

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home